8% Class wide 1) Non-negotiable — Timeline/Database of representations of communication tech in popular media.
- Or conveying a message through other form of early communication: cuneiform, hieroglyphics, old Norse runes, smoke signals, Chinese calligraphy, etc.
- Compiling class collection electronically
8% Group 3) Develop a radio broadcast or news anchor interview about a real or made-up event, present or past (5)
8% Individual 4) Live Tweeting Past Historical Events (5)
- Then chart the tweets on a timeline/MapStory? (4)
- Measuring impact of twitter and other forms of communication
8% Group 5) Propaganda campaign (5)
- Develop a propaganda campaign, create a false dictatorship (more here) (5)
- Media wall?
10% Depends on choice 6) End of the semester projects – Choose 1
- Making an infographic or video to display in the ITCC on ethics in the Digital Age (2) (Individual)
- Documentary/video — video representation of the timeline of the entire class (Group)
- Infographic or other representation of research about the digital divide (2) (Individual)
- Late in the semester, something with the greenscreen. (Group)
- Final post — Timeline of your work this semester (with evlauations) (Individual)